MAC Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Cell
PM YUVA Yojana
PM-YUVA Yojana (Pradhan Mantri Yuva Udyamita Vikas Abhiyan) aims to create an enabling ecosystem for Entrepreneurship Development through entrepreneurship education and training across the country in select Institutes of Higher Learning (Universities, Colleges and Premier Institutes), schools, Industrial Training Centers (ITIs) and Entrepreneurship Development Centers (EDCs) for over a period of five years. The project also aims to promote development of social enterprises for inclusive growth.
Under PM-YUVA Yojana, 2200 colleges, 300 schools, 500 ITIs and 50 Vocational training centres (VTCs) will be enabled to deliver entrepreneurship education and training to over 7 lakh students. This initiative is expected to create approx. 30000 start-ups over five years, consequently, creating approx. 2,60,000 direct and indirect jobs. Also, a strong pool of approx. 8900 Entrepreneurship Educators and 10,180 Mentors will be created.
This will be supported by a network of Entrepreneurship and Coordination Hubs (E-hubs), comprising of 1 National E-hub, 5 Regional E-Hubs and 50 Nodal E-Hub for resource management and organization at different levels. The enrolled colleges, schools, ITIs and VTCs under this program will be the implementation arm of the Project.
To spearhead the achievement of entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education and training in India, this scheme has been launched as the Ministry’s flagship scheme. The overall objective of the scheme is “By 2021, create an enabling ecosystem for entrepreneurship development through entrepreneurship education & training, advocacy, and easy access to entrepreneurship network. Also, promote development of social enterprises for inclusive growth.
PM-YUVA Yojana has four specific objectives
· Educate and equip potential and early stage entrepreneurs
· Connect entrepreneurs in enabling networks of peers, mentors, incubators, funding and business services
· Coordinate and support entrepreneurs through Entrepreneurship Hubs(E-Hubs)
· Catalyze a culture shift to support aspiring entrepreneurs
The target beneficiaries of the scheme are categorized as follows:
· Traditional students enrolled in degree programme across undergraduate/ postgraduate courses/ PhD programme/ Diploma School Students
· Students in Industrial Training Institutes (ITIs)
· All citizens including unorganized sector, women, and existing entrepreneurs in rural as well as urban areas, who would like to take up entrepreneurship education through coordination and support programmes
Click here to register.