1. Swachhtta Program: “Zero Impact On Environment”- group of MAC-NSS organized weekly cleanliness drives in the College and nearby areas including the market for 'four’ months. With a genuine concern towards the degrading environment and surroundings, it worked to mitigate the same through simple methods of keeping our surroundings clean. A very large number of volunteers participated and worked enthusiastically in these drives. The drives were organized ‘once a week’ after 2:30 pm. The team also organized awareness hours too, where the volunteers interacted with peers about necessity of keeping surroundings clean
2. Project ABHI (Agrasen Baroji Help Initiative) : The MAC- NSS unit has adopted Baroji village in the Mewat district of the state of Haryana. This year two visits were made to the village on 4th November’2017 and a three day camp was organized in January’2018, to interact with villagers, hold plantation drives, workshop for villagers to apprise them about government policies for them.
3. A ‘Run for Unity’ was organised on 31st October 2017 on the occasion of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas.(the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel) Around 30 NSS volunteers participated in the ‘Run For Unity’ to spread the message of unity in the society. .
4. Syaahi (The writing Club of MAC-NSS) -It was established as an online blog and has already published six editions with various write-ups from poems to opinion pieces. Syaahi, since its inception, has been receiving a huge number of write ups not only from the students of our college but from students of other colleges and from those in other states too. Syaahi organized its first ever event- The Slam Poetry Competition. This bilingual poetry competition with the theme ‘Spirit of Seasons’ started on November, 4 which was an online round. Syaahi organized another bilingual poetry competition on February 21’2018. The event invited entries on three themes namely Men don’t cry, Me and my demons and Villains of Indian Mythology.
5. Pedal Power: MAC-NSS has a very active bicycle club with more than 40 members.
Mr. Amit Kumar, Assistant Professor, Department of Commerce has been managing the club for the last four years.
This year the club organised the tours to the following places: India Gate : to pay homage to the brave soldiers who died in the terrorists attack at Uri.
Raj Ghat : to spread awareness about Swach Bharat Abhiyan
New Ashok Nagar: to spread awareness about harmful effects of pollution and need for proper disposal of garbage like plastic bags, bottle etc.
Okhla Bird Sanctuary: to learn about the importance of nature in our life and wildlife ecosystem.
7. Project “Akshar”: In this project volunteers provide quality education to the children from underpriviledged section of the society. Approximately 90 students from nearby colonies like Dallupura and Kondli are enrolled in the project. Classes are held in the college premises from 3:30 pm till 5:30 pm..The stationery items are provided free of cost to the students. The money for the same was raised during the Annual Diwali Mela. On 14th November 2017 Akshar celebrated ‘children's day’ with more than 100 children from nearby slums and villages.
8. Under Project Precision Agriculture for water conservation, models were developed in college and workshops organized in villages.
9. Project Farm Waste Decomposting: Keeping in view the problem of stubble burning as the main cause of pollution in Delhi-NCR region, the NSS team held workshops in villages to apprise the villagers of various techniques available to decompose farm waste and distributed the decomposing culture.
10. Plantation Drives: Several plantation drives were organized by MAC-NSS in collaboration with MAC-INSERCH.
11. Visit to village Jharoda: In collaboration with Dept. of Social Welfare, University of Delhi.
12. Workshop on Stress Management: “Nitai Sound Yoga” workshop was conducted by anti stress yoga experts for the teachers and students.
13. Workshop on Community Sensitisation towards Visually Impaired Persons organised .